2015 New York State Initial Certification for Visual Arts Education K-12
Pending New York State Professional Certification for Visual Arts Education K-12
MFA, Master of Fine Arts in Photography & Integrated Media, Lesley University College of Art and Design, Cambridge, MA
BFA, Bachelor of Fine Arts, CUNY Queens College, Flushing NY
BA, Bachelor of Arts in Art Education K-12, CUNY Queens College, Flushing NY
September 2019 – Present
Visual Arts Teacher, Ditmas Junior High School, Brooklyn, NY
· Develop authentic fine art curriculum for students.
· Facilitate, monitor and assess student understanding of major art concepts and skills.
· Organize and direct “The Annual Student Art Show.”
· Lead the design of the student year book.
September 2018 – December 2018
Adjunct Faculty Professor, Introduction to Digital Photography, Lesley University College of Art and Design Cambridge, MA
· Awarded Teaching Fellowship.
· Created and implemented coursework emphasizing the fundamental skills of digital photography. Students were graded on the development of a portfolio of work demonstrating the progression of their knowledge and skills.
· Consistently communicated course expectations and feedback to individual students and to the class as a whole, to maintain transparency and support student growth.
· Students applied research and writing methods learned in class to their art making process which resulted in greater student understanding of conceptual and aesthetic possibilities for digital photography.
July 2014 – July 2017
Visual Arts Teacher, Achievement First Apollo Elementary School, Brooklyn, NY
· Developed an authentic fine art curriculum for students.
· Facilitated, monitored and assessed student understanding of major art concepts and skills.
· Organized and directed “The Annual Student Art Show” and “The Bi-Monthly Mommy and Me Book Making Workshop.”
January 2018 - May 2018
Teaching Assistant, Advanced Alternative Process, Lesley University College of Art and Design
· Demonstrated the alternative photographic process, three color Gum Bichromate.
· Provided one-on-one assistance to students by differentiating demonstration instructions and encouraging persistence.
· Created organizational system in student workspace for photographic chemistry supplies, which resulted in more student output and zero hazards in the workspace.
June 2014 – August 2014
Studio Photographer Assistant, Freelance Artist Steven P Harris, Brooklyn, NY
· Produced high resolution quality digital images of jewelry for various jewelry designers.
· Maintained smooth-running workday in studio space by prepping gear for use and breaking down gear after shoots through organization, cleanliness and safety.
· Gained understanding of how to use studio equipment such as lights, strobes, soft boxes, backdrops and more.
2019 Group Exhibition, MFA in Photo and Integrated Media Thesis Exhibition 2019, Raizes Gallery, Cambridge, MA
2019 Group Exhibition, Fresh Faces, Abigail Ogilvy Gallery, Boston, MA
2018 Group Exhibition, Documenting Village Life 2018, Centro Fotografico Manuel Alvrez Bravo, Oaxaca, Mexico
2017 Group Exhibition, Passion vs Pragmatism, The Art Vacancy, Brooklyn, NY
2014 Group Exhibition, Flushing Town Hall Alumni Art Show, Flushing Town Hall, Queens, NY
2013 Group Exhibition, Snap Into Photography, Queens College, Queens, NY
SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
2017-2019 Scholarship Recipient, Lesley University College of Art and Design, Cambridge, MA
2018 Awarded Teaching Fellowship, Lesley University College of Art and Design, Cambridge, MA
2014 Magna Cum Laude, CUNY Queens College, Flushing, NY
2014 International Honors Society in Education, Kappa Delta Pi, CUNY Queens College, Flushing, NY
2014 Clarence Bunch Arts in Education Award, CUNY Queens College, Flushing, NY
2014 Honors in Studio Art Award, CUNY Queens College, Flushing, NY
Black &White Photography
Gum Bichromate Process
Salted Paper Process
Platinum /Palladium Process